Parent-teacher (and/or home-school) organizations are sponsored by the School to promote a cooperative effort at meeting certain needs of the student body. The parent organization is subject in all respects to the control of the school, and all parent organization activities and all materials prepared by parents must be submitted to the principal/administration for approval prior to implementation and/or distribution.
The parent organization should strive:
- to serve in an advisory capacity to support the principal/administration;
- to provide a means by which parents can respectfully articulate their values and expectations regarding the school so that these can be examined and addressed by the principal/administration;
- to support and promote quality Catholic education at the school;
- to encourage Catholic values of family life;
- to share with teachers the values that parents are attempting to develop with their children at home;
- to acquaint parents with up-to-date information concerning current developments in educational initiatives as they may affect the School so that they can be in a better position to promote the legitimate rights of their children;
- to unify parents in an effort to raise funds each year for the school.
In this section:
- 2012 Running with the Saints 5K Registration Form (160)
- 2014 Running with the Saints 5K Registration Form (10)
- 50-50 Raffle Ticket – Big Bash 2013 (73)
- 5K Running With the Saints Awards (104)
- 5th Annual “Evening with St. Nicholas” Flyer (57)
- Big Bash Family Solicitation Form (63)
- Big Bash Family Sponsor/Donation Flyer (47)
- Big Bash Raffle Cover Letter (70)
- Big Bash: Hollywood Night Ticket Order (105)
- Bingo Night Flyer (104)
- Casino Night & Auction – School and Parish Ticket Flyer (104)
- Casino Night & Auction – School and Parish Ticket Flyer (67)
- Casino Night & Auction Save the Date (86)
- Celebrate Calm Workshop (109)
- Evening with St. Nicholas Flyer (90)
- Family Bingo Night (126)
- Prize Raffle Tickets – Big Bash 2013 (71)
- PTO Back to School (122)
- PTO Budget 2012/2013 (120)
- PTO Bylaws (206)
- PTO General Assembly Meeting 9-6-12 (102)
- PTO Meeting Minutes – September 2010 (300)
- PTO Workshop: Stop Defiance, Yelling and Sibling Fights (148)
- Spirit Wear Collection – Spring 2014 (5)
- Sponsorship Form for Running with the Saints 5K (41)
- Uniform Exchange Information – End-of-Year 2013 (56)
Message from the PTO Board
The PTO board would like to welcome everyone to what will surely be another wonderful year at All Saints Catholic School! This year we’ve decided to share monthly highlights of our board meetings to keep you up to date with the happenings in the school, as well as to give you a heads up on upcoming events.
- Welcome to all the new All Saints families!! We sincerely hope all the new families have heard from your Guardian Angel to be welcomed to the community and encouraged to join us in supporting the school through a wide variety of PTO activity.
- Don’t forget to update your VIRTUS training with the half hour video to be shown throughout the fair hours. Please note that children are not allowed to view the video.
- Mark your calendars now for the All Saints Casino Night & Auction – February 2, 2013 at the Portuguese Community Center. Tickets will be $28/person. Find out more about our 2013 Casino Night & Auction.
- HAVE YOU TURNED IN YOUR GROCERY CARD FORM? The grocery program is looking for high family participation. Please remember to re-register your grocery cards to benefit All Saints. Also, keep saving those box-tops! Last year alone, the school earned $2700 from clipped box-tops.
We, the Parent Teacher Organization of All Saints Catholic School, grounded by our faith in God, commit ourselves to build community amongst school families and within the parish.
As dedicated parents and teachers, we work through fellowship to raise and expend funds necessary to enhance the learning environment of our students.
Empowered by the Holy Spirit, we promote sound communications and social activities in order to cultivate a harmonious relationship between home and school and in our community.
The PTO’s main purpose is to promote home-school communication and to provide financial as well as moral support for the school program. The by-laws further state that the PTO shall not directly affect school policies. The general membership of the PTO meets every second month beginning in September. If additional meetings are called, notification will be sent home with the students. Many opportunities are available for parental involvement in PTO activities.
By registering their children for All Saints Catholic School, parents make a commitment to be actively involved in the school. Parents commit to 60 points of involvement throughout the year in the FAMILY Program. A contract is signed by parents by which they indicate areas in which they desire to be involved. Active parental participation creates further awareness of the school’s total educational program and support for its mission.
President: Christian Cobb
President-Elect: Angela Slater
Treasurer: Elissa Hackerson
Secretary: Joe Ortiz
Faculty Rep: Mrs. Patricia Montano and Mrs. Lee Sweeney
Ex Officio President: Denise LaRose
The PTO is involved with the following committees and programs:
Volunteer Coordinators – Sue Ferguson
Ways and Means - Carol Rice
Auction Casino Night Chair – Ann Potocnak and Rich Ulsh
Golf Tournament – Janis DeVore
Race for Education – Marjorie Collins
Evening with St. Nick – Gina Michak
Uniform Exchange – Gemma Brophy
Bingo – Linda Gaynord
Spirit Coordinator – Megan Davies
Hospitality - Jennifer Morad, Chair
Conference Luncheons – Kate Bachman
Catholic Schools Week Lunch – Gina Michak and Zonia Garcia
January/February Open House – Gina Michak
Sunshine Committee – Deidre Wagner
New Families – Heidi Tamke
Lenten Soup Supper – Cathy Hammerstrom
Funeral Ministry – Maria Foreman
Room Liaisons – Katherine Mills
Welcome Back BBQ – Janene Shaw
Floats & Parades – Sue and Chuck Stevens
Corporate Support – Amy Talish:
Grocery Store Cards – Amy Talish
Box Top Coordinator – Monique Schmeling
Labels for Education – Monique Schmeling