The All Saints school band was founded over 30 years ago by its current director Mr. Barry Ward. Students in grades 4-8 may elect to join the band and receive instrumental lessons during the school day and after school on Tuesday afternoons. All Saints offers both a beginner band and advanced band. Due to the associated costs, there are additional fees to participate in band.
Beginning band members select between the clarinet, drum, flute, saxophone, trombone and trumpet. Additional larger-scale instruments are added in the Advanced Band. Members of the advanced band typically have at least one year of instruction.
Congratulations to the All Saints Band!
The All Saints School Band performance had another outstanding performance at the 2012 Music in the Parks competition held at Busch Gardens. The Advanced Band performed at York High School and was later awarded 1st Place among Middle School Concert Bands. Additionally, the band won an award for overall excellence among all of the participating bands, a feat that has only been accomplished once before in a competitive festival at the middle school level. Furthermore, our students were excellent ambassadors for our school, noted not only for their musical abilities but also the respect and courtesy they displayed throughout the day.
Congratulations to all of the members of the band on this outstanding achievement! Thank you, Mr. Ward and Mr. Moccio, for your stellar leadership of the program! The legacy of the band program at All Saints continues and we rejoice in the success of our students!
Band Shirt Exchange Program
The All Saints Band Shirt Exchange Program helps reduce costs for parents and encourages recyling. The exchange program works as follows:
- Anyone can donate a band shirt in good condition. (Clean, no stains, tears, missing buttons, etc.) These are the band shirts with logos, not the white uniform shirts worn by some Beginning Band members.
- Families can trade one band shirt for another one.
- If a student wants a band shirt and does not have a shirt to trade, they may purchase one for $5. (Most of these shirts are only worn a few times before they are outgrown, unlike the daily school uniforms which are worn on a daily basis before they are outgrown. Therefore, in theory, most will be in better condition than the daily uniforms.)
- All proceeds will go towards the band trip. Every little bit helps!
- New band shirts will still be ordered at the beginning of each school year.